Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Series


I have been creating photos in series. One titled "Santa Barbara Succulents", is exclusively shot here. I have had 2 one-man shows with this work. . The first gallery, in Beverly Hills, sold 8 pieces. The second, here in Santa Barbara didn't have a single sale. It erodes my confidence. I know this work has legs from the response people give it.
SUCCULENT #4801
40" x 43.7"





I'm new to the "fine art" arena and while it seems to be a more receptive audience to cold calls and unsolicited mailings there is still all the fear associated with putting yourself out there. One big difference is, I'm not selling the invisible. I'm selling a tangible finished product. Take it or leave it, like it or not. Different mindset.
SUCCULENT #1932
40" x 44.9"










This succulent work came out of an absolute need, for me, to make photographs. Something inside me forced me out the door to push the button on the camera. I pushed the button many times before really looking at the film. But once I started to see the photos I had made from my heart and gut I knew I had something special.
SUCCULENT #10740
40" x 54.1"






Each piece is large. 40 inches is the smaller dimention. One, the best seller, is almost seven feet long. (not pictured)

Let me know what you think of these.

1 comment:

Brad said...

The Santa Barbara Succulents series is Fantastic!
Your heart shows through the images.