Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lone Pine, California



Yep, in Lone Pine there is a museum dedicated to film. The Hollywood type of films. I was watching Iron Man, with Robert Downey Jr. last night and I was reminded, it too was filmed in the 

The Alabama Hills are the foothills just outside of Lone Pine. Mt. Whitney lies just beyond them to the west. Every year Lone Pine has a film festival. Usually in the first week of October. I've been to three of them to make photographs. Twice during my MFA thesis project and once just this year (2011) for another art project.

I captured this gent right there in front of the museum during my thesis visits. This particular image did not make the final cut as I was limited to only 20 photos, but I always liked this guy's expression and stance.

To see more of my work please visit www.eliotcrowley.com

You can see other random visual perceptions at www.eliotcrowley.tumblr.com

No comments: