Monday, March 23, 2009

395 so far

Well, it has been some time since I last posted to this blog. I'm happy to say I have been very busy. Some of what I have been writing has been for the APA (Advertising Photographers of America). If you're interested, you can read it here
http://searchapa.us/wordpress/wordpress/?tag=eliot-crowley

Also, since I passed my Midpoint review I have been working on my Master's of Fine Arts Thesis. It is called Highway 395 Revisited. My projected graduation date is December 2009.

What I am actually doing is meeting strangers along US Highway 395, setting up lights and making a portrait right there on the spot.

It is a pretty exciting project and keeps me thinking, learning, and challenging my creative spirit.

Here are some of them so far.



































5 comments:

Meghan said...

this is such a great idea--i love the spontaneity of your project. my favorites are the photos of the guys fishing and the man checking his shots on his camera by the fall colors. the best part is, i bet everyone who looks at these will have their own favorite.

please keep posting! i love looking at your blog. see you in may!

Mark Harmel said...

Great photos. Makes me feel like I'm there. Hey I was for a while. Take a look at Eliot's cool travel rig.
http://www.harmelphoto.com/blog/?p=438

Lucy Corrander said...

Isn't that interesting, what struck me was the apparent lack of spontaneity in these photographs . . . that you have made the real outdoors look like a stage set - and a particularly dramatic one at that!

Did you send your 'sitters' copies of their photos? Were they pleased to look like actors? (Bet many of them were thrilled!)

Lucy Corrander
PICTURES JUST PICTURES

T. Puzzutelli said...

Love the lighting! I am uncertain of some of the subjects, but in it's final form, and edit, I am certain these will be some very interesting images.

Anonymous said...

Actually Meghan he is looking for his left leg he does not seem to have one.

Sam